Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

O.S.F.

So my master plan to post throughout team camp didn’t quite work out. Between work, team meetings, taking care of the Specialized fit technicians and almost 23 hrs. on the bike it was a full week. Stressful, exhausting and awesome are the adjectives immediately coming to mind. Looking back, it’s amazing that I was able to do so much in one week. It was a great experience and I had a good time meeting the new guys and catching up with some others I hadn’t seen in a while.

Having said that, the stress hasn’t subsided much. There’s still some logistical loose ends I’m trying to tie up so I can fully focus on racing. Sometimes the hardest part of being an amateur bike racer is tuning out all of the noise around you so you can simply focus on what’s important, performing on the bike. Regardless of what wheels I’m on, what shoes I’m wearing or how light my cranks are, I’m going to leave everything out on the road in a blaze of “old school fury.” Every race I do this year is going to be hard as shit. If I walk away from a race thinking it was easy I didn’t do my job. One thing my teammates can be assured of is that I will always give everything I’ve got. Sometimes it won’t be enough, it’s that simple. But I can promise it won’t be for a lack of effort. I’m not just talking about the race itself. When I step up to the start line I want to feel like I’ve done everything possible to be ready for that moment.

Whew, I’m trying to step away from the passionate rants and I almost got caught up there. Anywho, the weather has been good, the time change is here and Dixie starts tomorrow so all in all I can’t complain. Especially since I’m surrounded by litany of amazing people. Big thanks to Chris and T from the shop. I couldn’t ask to work with better people, enough said.

Quote of the Week: “Wicked tiger. He looks proud.” –Paulie Bleeker

No comments:

Post a Comment