Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Team Camp

Team camp last weekend was great. It seems like forever since I've been to the beach but it was nice to be back. I'm really more of a mountain man but I will take riding anywhere other than Chapel Hill right now. The same old roads are getting to me and the fact that I rode in shorts helped matters immensely. Hanging out with the new teammates was good as well. Everyone seemed to gel so I think it's going to be a great year. I'm looking forward to traveling to races with the guys almost as much as racing, almost. Everyone was also going well and seemed to be where they wanted at this time of year from a fitness standpoint.
We also went to Jack Kane's bike shop in Jacksonville, NC. I'll have to say it was impressive. It was by far the cleanest shop I've ever been to. Even the mechanic area was spotless and he also had leather couches stacked around a big screen playing cycling videos. It's definitely worth stopping by if you're ever in the area. We also met Jack himself. He's a very personable guy and really knows his business. After meeting him I have complete confidence in our bikes and am glad to be riding with his name on my jersey. I also got a look at one of the new team frames. It's gong to be a really flash ride. Stay tuned for a full (and completely unbiased) review of the bike as soon as I get it, hopefully within a month.
In short, it was a relaxing weekend with some great training and a good bonding experience. Now it is back to the grind. Work, training, eat, sleep, repeat. I also learned I am going to be doing some PR work for Team Mountain Khakis this year. I'm really stoked to have the opportunity to work with such a great group of guys and put my degree to use. I think it's going to be a great experience and hopefully I can help the team make a positive impact in the sport.
I'll put up some pics from team camp as soon as I get them. Until then, ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment