Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Busiest “Off” Week Ever

With no races this weekend I had been looking forward to an easy week. However, my life had other plans. Monday was spent working and then fixing my computer and getting my iAero operational which took until about 11:00pm. And oh, the iAero was no where near operational. Tuesday was more of the same with work and trying to figure out the iAero. Wednesday was spent at a teammate’s house building a fence prior to picking up my mom and little brother at the airport. They’re in town for a little visit and it’s always nice to have them around.

With no work on Thursday and Friday I was looking forward to some good riding and getting the ball rolling with my new coach, Zach Lail. I was also super pumped since my brothers were going backpacking at Stone Mountain and needed someone to drive a car to their pick-up point. I was really looking forward to going uphill and spending some time clearing my head. I always seem to have these very contemplative moments while climbing by myself and it is much needed right now. However, I had mad problems with the iAero and the day’s main goal was fitness testing to get some baseline data for Zach. Thus the sacrifices for cycling glory continue. Instead of spending the day railing it up mountains on a beautiful day I was throwing stuff around my apartment with unending frustration. I finally got it working, more or less, and had to settle for another ride around Chapel Hill. Luckily I was cross eyed most of the time due to the testing and didn’t really know where I was at.

Friday and Saturday brought more hard rides. My training is going to shift significantly with Zach. Time on the bike has decreased while intensity has done the opposite. When you look at the time I’m spending on the bike you think “Ahhh, that’s nothing.” Then you see the actual workout and after only three days I can already tell you that these workouts are draining. I’m really anxious to see the results. Side note, if you ever hear me say “bro” it means I’m really tired and need sleep. Also, look for my guest contributions on the Presicion Cycle Coach blog.

Team News: My frame size is in! Now it just needs to be painted, come on Jack Kane I know you can do it. I think we are going to have to reassess the goals of the team for the year. We are down to three guys right now. Two of which have combined to race a grand total of five or so times. We’re looking for someone else to fill a slot but it’s really late in the game right now, and who wants to ride for a team that doesn’t race? I hope the other guys decide to step it up soon, it’s time.

Random News: I finally watched Sixteen Candles, quality. I’ll actually not be in the car traveling from a race today so I can watch the Paris-Roubaix coverage. My heart wants George to win, but it seems improbable. My mind says who cares, it’s Roubaix, and it’s going to be epic regardless. I can’t stop listening to Old Crow Medicine Show and I think I’m starting to like Euro dance music too much while I’m on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment