Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

It Hurts When I Ride Hard

So it’s been a while. Sorry for the white noise but my computer went haywire this week and it took some doing to get it fixed. Anyway, I’m sitting here in Charleston, SC icing my back and drinking a decaf Americana in the hotel room and thought it was a good time for a post.
The back is not so hot. I pulled something or pinched a nerve last weekend and could barely stand up on Monday. I was able to ride and it got better every day but the races today were just too much. Carrying tile up a flight of stairs all week probably didn’t help either but it did pay some bills and those are the breaks right now. Thirty minutes into the pro-am my back was screaming and the remaining 45 minutes were not looking too appealing. I suffered through it before it finally called no more with just two corners left. I was a bit heartbroken since my legs felt great today. The new workouts Zach has me doing are already paying off. If this is me after a week and half with Zack I can’t wait to see the results in a couple months. Say, at Fitchburg maybe? I went from getting dropped in 20 minutes at Rock Hill to being in the top 15 with two laps to go today and still having legs, just no back. It was a similar field to Rock Hill with some very legit riders so I was happy with my ride. I also started the 2/3 race but I was a spent force and didn’t feel like pushing the back any more than I had to so I pulled out after about 15 minutes.
Gear Review: My taint and new Fizik Arione CX saddle are becoming quick friends. My iAero says I gained 100 ft. in elevation while riding in circles today. My headset is so loose it rattles around. Not so fun cornering at 30 mph. Where is my new bike for real? Oh, and all my new Defeet socks are way too hot.
Random hotel boredom rendered this gem, match.com on HGH, our world is awesome. On the music front, this week’s theme was decidedly country. The Zac Brown Band- Whatever It Is, Dwight Yoakam- Close Up the Honky Tonks, Dwight Yoakam and Allison Krauss- If I Were A Carpenter, Taylor Swift- White Horse (I’m half German, half Scots-Irish and one sixth 15-year-old girl)
Well, the Americana is almost gone. I think The Office and then sleep. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment