Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Ridin' the Bull, Feelin' the Flow

I guess I’m starting to be negligent with posts but there’s just not much going on. There’s lots of training and working, all boring. State crit champs were last weekend and it was yet again a better race for me. I don’t want to jinx it but I’ve continued the trend of having a better race every single weekend. I finished one spot out of the money in eleventh after a group of five lapped the field. I hate to knock my teammates but when I’m behind blocking and we have two guys in the lead group of ten and that lead group splits in half you need to be in the front, especially when it’s so obvious that the group is going to lap the field. If you don’t have the legs you don’t have the legs and that’s ok, but I didn’t hear any of that. That tells me you just messed up, which is not so ok. I felt great at the finish but my cassette came loose with four or five to go and I was left praying my bike didn’t fall apart. So I was more or less happy with my ride.

The form is definitely coming around in time for Ohio and Fitchburg. I’m working out the logistics of those trips now and it looks like we’re going to put together a composite team for Ohio and have a couple guest riders for Fitchburg. Both trips should be crazy fun and hopefully I can sneak away with some results.

I sent out a rent check the other day, one more to go. Over the last five years I’ve moved nine times so you’d think I would be used to it by now, and I am. This time, however, I don’t know what I’m going to do next. Previously it was always school or summer or something of that nature. Now it’s the real world. It’s exciting because I can basically do whatever I want. There’s nobody telling me to do this or that and I’m not restricted by school. It isn’t always so great on the nerves but I’m happy to be racing my bike and as long as I keep doing that nothing else matters so much. I can assure you that whatever my next move is it will reflect bike racing being the priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment