Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Rise Continues

Last weekend brought another good race. The result wasn’t so hot but I was aggressive early and tried to make something happen again in the closing laps. Nothing quite came together but my efforts were not wasted since it allowed my teammates to sit back and have a free ride. They both came through and finished in the money. The fitness is still on the rise and I feel like every race I’ve done has been better than the last. I’m constantly learning the new game and the team is starting to ride better together.

I’m trying to keep the boring race news to a minimum. The other positive of the week was getting the new ride. Yes, finally, it’s here. A big thanks to Jonathan Kane for spending his entire Friday afternoon helping me put it together in time for the weekend. Initial reactions are good. It’s super stiff and still manages to soak up the road. With the current set up it’s pure race. I’ll try to get some pictures the weekend since everything is finally together. I also had a pro moment as I was gluing up the tubulars. I haven’t ridden them yet though. So this weekend I’ll be rolling deep. State crit champs are on tap but it’s time for a road race already. A trip to some hills is also in order.

Wait, one more thing. The latest press release from Team Mountain Khakis is out. You can see it here. I’ll have to admit, it’s pretty cool going to a site that’s been on my favorites list for a couple years and seeing something I wrote. Not that it’s really an amazing achievement, but it feels good. Now back to resting. I leave you with a quote.

“Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.”
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment