Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Catch Up

It’s been a while. The past couple weeks have been good. A few more races are in the bag and I’m pleased with the progression. The fitness is still coming along nicely and there’s no evidence of it slowing down. I’m putting up good numbers in training and I’m racing better and better every weekend. I’m starting to get really excited about June and July. There’s going to be a lot of travel and racing and it’s going to be the culmination of all the hard work this year.

The team is finally cranking things up and we’re starting to get into the flow. Hopefully we can gel quickly and start getting results. I’ve also just heard that the new bike frame should be in my hands this week so we can start looking the part as well.

I guess the big revelation since my last post occurred Friday night at the pro race in Spartanburg. It was part of the USA Crits Speedweek Series so most of the big teams had squads there. My teammate and I decided to do the Category 2/3 race in an effort to get a result instead of just trying to finish the pro race but we stayed and watched the heavy hitters slug it out. The entire time I was watching there was only one emotion, and it was the desire to be out there racing. It was one of those moments that reminds me what I’m working for and reassures me that I made the right decision to put the career on hold to pursue such a lofty goal. I wanted to be out there so bad, it was killing me. The speed, the power, the suffering, the sacrifice it took for those guys to get to where they are. Bike racing is such an amazing and beautiful thing. Magnifique.

And oh yes, don’t worry, the new French Press arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment