Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ahh the life, kind of

This week has been a somewhat pleasant diversion from the norm. Having worked a grand total of four hours there was plenty of time to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. With temps in the 70’s it was hard to not be outside all day and I took full advantage of the gap in work. Tuesday and Wednesday yielded three rides filled with some long hours. It was nice to spend some time in shorts on the bike; it won’t be long before the tan is back in full force. I tried not to dwell on the fact that I wasn’t making any money and just enjoy the break. My days were filled with sweet potato waffles, coffee, cycling videos and riding. I also got to break in my sweet new Specialized S-Works kicks, so awesome. So it was a good week, the legs feel good and my mind is refreshed.

I was looking forward to traveling to the races this weekend with some teammates but due to the impending weather it looks like I’m flying solo again. I almost thought about throwing in the towel since I’m getting tired of spending 10 hours driving by myself each weekend and it’s taking its toll on my bank account, but I’m a bike racer. If it meant 20 hours in the car to race in 50 degree rain I would try to find a way to get there. You can’t win if you don’t show up and toe the line. Luckily I have a free place to stay in Charlotte so I’m not sleeping in the car yet. I guess I’ll just turn the frustration into motivation and unleash it on the bike. If I’m sacrificing all this to race you can be damn sure I’m gonna throw down. So this weekend it’s on like Donkey Kong.

On a lighter note, the speakers have been pumping out a lot of Rise Against and Kings of Leon for the pre-ride and a lot of Old Crow Medicine Show in the evenings. I tend to find new music and completely wear it out in a couple weeks so I’ll try to keep current trends posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment