Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A New Leaf

If you're looking for a report from last weekend's races you won't find it here. I've relived it enough times already and it's time to hit the reset button of sorts. It was awful, the worst weekend of the year. At least Cat 3's lack some grit and I was still able to get a couple upgrade points and win enough money to pay for the trip. I do want to thank Tom, the race promoter, and Team Mountain Khakis for hooking me up with a place to crash. It's always good hanging out with those guys. Every time I'm around them I learn so much and I definitely think those lessons will pay off. That saved an otherwise devastating weekend.
Today was a good day of training and I'm already looking forward to next weekend. I'm putting last weekend behind me and moving on. I'm also switching up the training plan a little so we'll see how that turns out.
Work is good. Hours for the next few weeks should be plentiful and today I was reminded why carpentry is paying the bills right now. Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day and there are two group rides. That means quit time comes early and the potential for five hours on the bike opens up, not possible with a nine-to-five.
Now I need to put some new music on the MP3 player. I'm working on some new playlists for my workouts. I'll post whatever I come up with and something more interesting to read later, until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment