Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Comin' In Hot

This week has been extremely busy but good. I did way more intensity on the bike this week but I think I might have been short changing myself before. I feel like my body can take that volume of intensity now and I can really benefit from it. The legs were a little slow to get going today but after some hard efforts they loosened up. I also ramped up the intensity on the tune-up ride today so it will be interesting to see how the legs respond to the changes at the races this weekend. It occurred to me that I always raced better the second day so I might not have been coming into the weekend hot enough. Hopefully the more intense tune-up will rectify that. I’m also staying with the Mountain Khakis guys again and looking to redeem myself after last weekend. So, as always, the motivation is there. Will the legs be?
I didn’t have time to change the music on my mp3 player but I’m making some cd’s for the car. The wagon doesn’t have a tape deck for me to connect the mp3 player through and I haven’t used cd’s in about five years so I’m just getting something to rock out to on the way to the races this weekend. Here is a sample of what’s getting burned.
MGMT- Electric Feel
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour- Around the Bend
Kings of Leon- Use Somebody
Rise Against- The Dirt Whispered, Audience of One
Say Anything- Alive With the Glory of Love; Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too
Katy Perry- Hot ‘N Cold
Franz Ferdinand- Ulysses
Think positive waves for the last couple upgrade points and a new bike, both of which are overdo. Also a big weekend across the pond. La Primavera, three-hundred kilometers of awesome. My Sanremo pick is Boonen, he wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment