Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sweet potato waffles and snow

Last weekend was great, aside from the weather. Luckily, I had built in a rest period so I wasn't flipping out not being able to ride two days in a row. I was able to relax and enjoy the time I spent with Team Mountain Khakis in Winston. It was easy to enjoy it with sweet potato waffles and the most amazing coffee machine I've ever used. Ahhh, the life.

It was great meeting all the guys I didn't know and catching up with a few I did. Team Mountain Khakis is a rarity here in America. They are fully committed to pairing older experienced racers with younger ones in an effort to help them reach their full potential as pros. Not many other programs have that as their main goal and it is a very interesting dynamic to be around. Aside from knowing how to ride bikes really fast, they are a genuinely good group of guys and fun to be around. I'm extremely excited about spending some time with the team this coming year and learning as much as I can from them. I started my PR work with the team this weekend via some interviews with several of the riders. Each rider seemed to have their own interesting story, especially the older riders who also had a wealth of knowledge to share. Look for some of those interviews on the team's Web site http://teammountainkhakis.com/ in the near future.

For now, I'm listening to rise against and catching up on some much needed work while I'm snowed in. The job situation improved slightly as I learned the gap isn't going to be quite so long ,but it is still not going to be easy on the bank account. Me thinks there is just going to be a week or two of intense training in the near future and lots of penny pinching. Hopefully the next few weekends of racing will yield some prize money to help out. As a side note, I know plain text is getting boring. I promise I'm working on getting more pictures, it's tough not having a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment